Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Prune (Beirut, Lebanon)

This place has been the buzz of Beirut for the past few months, always super packed and couldn't get any reservation. I was really eager to try it, so finally i went there and it was SUPER disappointing. To be fair, maybe i felt that because people have been talking about how amazing it was for quite a while so i expected the best. It is a nice charming french bistrot, lovely decoration. The menu was typically french. I had the oeuf cocotte with truffle cream, really less than average, the moules were ok, as for the steak, it was chewy, not seasoned well, just all in all very blah. But i have to admit the only thing that uplifted this dinner was the pain perdue, oh my just delicious, moist, tender yet crunchy drizzled with caramel. The service was very slow, the waiters were inattentive. I have been there only once so maybe it was a bad experience for me, would try it again though.


No comments:

Post a Comment