Wednesday, April 30, 2014

La Centrale (Beirut, Lebanon)

 La Centrale is actually one of my favorite places to have a casual drink there with my friends and a small bite. The bar has an amazing concept of opening to Beirut's night air. Until recently, i have tried the restaurant downstairs and i have to say it was simply delicious. Centrale’s cuisine is more into the french cuisine. Let me start by their starters, the goat cheese salad layered with a thin crunchy puff pastry, drizzled with honey and topped with toasted pine nuts, just delicious. My favorite was the gewy poached egg with creamy cepes sauce, really words can't describe the deliciousness of this plate ( i would kill for it.. ). I also tried the artichoke salad which was ok, nothing out of this world. As for the main, my advice for you is to have the brochette de boeuf with fries and bearnaise sauce ( they don't have it on the menu but only regular customers know about it). I also tried the truffle risotto, eiiinh it was more pretty to look at than eat, very blah, the seasoning was missing. Their service is impeccable. As for the prices, well you get what you pay for.


No comments:

Post a Comment